Questions for Debbie Wasserman Schultz
October 20, 2011
Questions For Debbie Wasserman Schultz As She Visits Mississippi
- Do you believe that Johnny DuPree will be elected Mississippi’s next Governor?
- If so, will the Democratic National Committee be putting any additional money into the Mississippi Governor’s race beyond the tens of thousands it has transferred or donated to the Mississippi Democratic Party for their day-to-day operations?
- You recently were quoted saying “voters don’t elect leaders to create jobs.” Do you believe elected officials should have a role in job creation?
- If not, what is their role, especially with a country at 9.1 percent unemployment?
- You were quoted saying that Republicans want to “literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally – and very transparently – block access to the polls to voters.” Do you believe that Mississippi’s voter ID initiative represents a return to “Jim Crow laws”?
- Why do you believe Mississippi conservatives want to see a photo ID requirement in order to vote in elections?